Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mountains and Valleys

It's been a difficult couple of weeks for me.  I find, however, that no matter how down I may be, I always seem to come across folks that are going through a much more difficult time than I am.  Why is it that we tend to think we are the only ones suffering?  For it is not so.  The whole world is full of people going through their own struggles.  If we could only take our eyes off ourselves and open them to the needs of others, focusing on our blessings, instead of what we don't have,  maybe we would stop wallowing in self pity.  I think it would put things in a more accurate perspective, for sure.  Life is hard.  There is no way around it.  It is filled with mountains and valleys.  Hopefully, more mountains than valleys.  :-)  But I find as I look back at my 42 years of life, it has been through the difficult times that I have grown the most.  My relationship with my Lord has strengthened as it never would have had I stayed on the mountain top.  So I think I can honestly say, "Thank you Lord for the valleys."  I am a much stronger Christian because of the valleys and a much stronger person overall.  I pray that my trials will bring honor and glory to God.  I hope that my life will magnify the name of Jesus...always!  If you are on the mountain top, praise Him!  If you are going through difficulties, praise Him even more!  For it is through the refiner's fire that we are made more like our Savior.


"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. "
Phillippians 4:11


God bless,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment