Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Is Jesus Your Savior?

Well, I got some bad news this evening.  My mom's oldest sister passed away today.  She was 83.  This makes the fourth death in less than a week.  :-(  The one thing they all had in common was their Savior, Jesus Christ.  So I guess I should say the bad news was for us, not them.  They are in a much better place and I know some day I will see them again.  :-)   I suppose it is only natural that as I get older, I know more and more people that are dying.  It doesn't make it any easier though.  We grieve for our loss.  But one thing I find myself reflecting on more and more is.....am I doing all I can to make sure my family and friends know Jesus as their Savior?  Am I living a life that reflects Christ's love to others?  Do I witness to people?  Do I pray for them? Am I inviting others to church? Loving them? Comforting them? Encouraging them? Am I doing all I can to live a life pleasing to my Lord?  I know I have a great deal of room for improvement.  It's so easy to get busy with "life" and forget our purpose for being here on earth.  If God didn't have plans for us, He would take us to Heaven as soon as we got saved.  But He doesn't do that because He wants us to share with others His love for them, what He has done for us, how He will do that for them too.  We should pray for opportunities to share God's love with others and to help us recognize the opportunities right in front of us.  The fields are ripe unto harvest and our time is short.  We don't know how long we'll have on this earth.  Two of the people that died were in their 80's, but the other two were 52 and 47.  When will our day come?  We don't know, but we need to be ready.  Are you ready?  Is Jesus your Savior? If you died today, where would you be?  Where would you spend eternity?  If He is not, please do not wait another day. 

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. "
Romans 10:9




 
God bless!

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment