Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Homemade Bathtub Cleaner

Thanks to everybody for the prayers.  I want to ask for continued prayers for us as we attempt to discern the Lord's will for our family...in particular my job situation.  I know God has a perfect will in all of this.  We're just trying to make sure we are in it.   I have some possibilities, so prayers for guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Sure wish He would just send an angel to show me the path.  :-)

I'm trying something new tonight.  It's a homemade bathtub cleaner.  I'll have to come back in an hour and let you know how it worked. I read about it in several places today and they all swear it works very well.  We have a particularly difficult bathtub!  It does not like to be cleaned! I have to admit though, that the bathtub is probably one of the most neglected things in our home!  lol!  I hate cleaning it.  It is one of those old(blue) iron(I think) tubs that the finish is gone from, which makes it very hard to make look clean even when you've scrubbed til your hand is about to fall off!  I am hoping that this homemade concoction will work well.  From what I read, not only does it clean, but it comes clean easily.  We'll see.  I have to admit I am skeptical on this one...at least on our tub.  I sure hope I'm wrong though.  Would love to be wrong this time.  :-)  Stay tuned for the reveal in about 45 minutes or so.  I'm going to put the recipe on here so you can try it too if it works and so you'll know if it doesn't, not to try it.

Homemade Bathtub Cleaner

Equal parts of :

Dawn dishwashing liquid
White vinegar

Warm the vinegar and add the Dawn. Put in a spray bottle.   Shake a little to mix.  Spray over entire surface and wait one hour.  Scrub clean and rinse thoroughly.

Very simple and inexpensive if it works.  :-)  Keep your fingers crossed!


FINDINGS ARE IN!

I am happy to report that it does work!  Yay!  I've thought for 3 1/2 years our bathtub was a dingy brown, but I was wrong!  Who knew?!!!!  It's really blue underneath all that yuck!  TMI, I know!  I would like to say that I did have to put some elbow grease into it too.  It didn't just wipe off for me.  However, that being said ours is especially hard to clean b/c of the lack of finish on it.  Even with store bought cleaners, I have to really scrub and it does not look as clean as it does now.  It really is taking the grime off(This is embarrassing.  Mine was pretty bad.)  I missed a few places when I sprayed it and I'm putting some there now to go back and get it in an hour.  I don't think for most folks it would be as difficult since most bathtubs have a finish on them.  Give it a try and see what you think.  Let me know how it works for you.  Now that I've found something that will actually make it look clean, maybe I'll clean it more often...maybe....hopefully, lol!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment